05 October 2008

Colds

Ya know, it's funny, I don't get colds often & when I do they are gone pretty quick. Toad brought a cold home from school last week & it's been kicking my ass. I guess when you're already tired all the time & achy all over adding a cold to the mix really just makes you feel like a blob. I went to bed last night at 8.30. I can't take cold meds cause they cause my heart to race so fast it feels like it will explode, so I'm just stuck suffering thru it.

On a good note the drama with getting my pain pills cleared up & I finally have them. I don't think I mentioned that, but I'm not sure, so I'm sorry if I'm repeating a bunch. My doc rx'ed some extended release pain pills, he said some insurances won't cover them. I go to fill it & the pharm says that my insurance is canceled. I got some paperwork in a few days late & so my insurance was canceled on 30/9, but it should have been reinstated on 1/10. My insurance was, but the rx part wasn't for some reason. So I call, the chick there says it should be good, but she's gotta call the other part & get them to switch it. So they didn't get it fixed til the next day. I couldn't get to the pharm til just before 5, they re-run the rx & the med isn't covered. At this point I consider banging my head on the wall. The awesome chick at the pharm calls over to get the rx changed to another form of the drug. My doc isn't in, so she get transferred to the talk to a random doc line. They don't answer & she gets transferred to someone to leave a message, she tells them it's 5 to 5 & doesn't want to leave a message, she wants to talk to a doc since this is a Friday. The person on the other line says they will have the doc call back, that they will give him the message personally. I wait a bit & then tell the pharm I am going home, to call me when they figure out/hear back. She calls me later & tells me the random doc said if I was in pain, I should just go to the E/R & they could decide if I needed pain meds. (BTW to that doc, Thanks asshole. I think I know who that doc is too, there is one doc there who doesn't believe in giving pain meds.) I am now lining my head up with the wall to start banging, but the pharm chick says she decided to just call the E/R & see if the doc there would help. It was a doc I'd seen before when I hurt my foot. He was fine with writing for me thankfully. I told her it was too late for me to get them that day but I would pick them up the next day (Sat) & thanked her a lot. So tomorrow I'll call my doc & check that this matches up with what he was going for, which I'd think it would.

Hm, I guess this post was less about my cold & more about the pain meds. Well one more thing on the cold front, this is the first "big" cold Toad has had & while there is more whining than one person should have to listen to, she's been dealing very well with it. There is no pre-school tomorrow, which is kinda good cause she would have to miss it. I just hope she's ok by Wed for school, I'd feel bad if she missed a whole week. My roomie finally got the cold yesterday & she's out of sick time at work so this week is gonna be a hell week for her.

No comments: