21 October 2008

A bit of this & a bit of that

I've had 2 nasty common migraines (no aura) in the past 5 days. Thankfully the 1st went away with a good nights sleep courtesy of some meds & muscle relaxers. The 2nd one hit at 3.30am so I couldn't take much for meds (otherwise I might not wake up when the alarm goes off & I won't take much during the day since I don't like to be too gorky), I just rode that one out. It was gone by bedtime.

My right hip has been a bother lately. It's like it's a 1/10 of a nanometer off from where it should be, but it pulls or presses on a nerve so it hurts a bitch. I can't seem to get it to be where it ought to be so I'm just stuck with it like this. Ah, the joys of EDS.

I had PT last week & I go again today. I think I broke the cardinal rule of PT. I changed the exercises they gave me. I was supposed to lay on my back with a my legs out flat & a towel under my knee, the using the top of my thigh press down. I've found if I lay on my tummy I don't hyperextend at all, even with the towel I would a bit. So I might get in trouble for not doing it right. I don't know how often I was supposed to do the exercises, I did most of them everyday. I skipped the headache days, cause to be honest I barely did a thing on those days.

I stopped by my old job & talked to one of the girls there about having her sister come over 1-2x per week for an hour to help me out. I am hoping she'll be up for it. I just need some help with getting laundry down to the basement to wash & getting it back up to the 2nd floor to put away. Plus the trouble of folding it all. I need some help with vacuuming & a few other things. No backbreaking stuff, no cleaning bathrooms, no icky cleaning. I was thinking 1/2 hr of that, then 1/2 an hr of playing with Toad. Just going outside & running around the yard or walking to the park. She needs to get outside more & I can't handle her outside well. She's 17 & adores little kids & thinks I'm pretty cool, so I thinking she would be up for helping me out.

My skin is even better & it's only been a little more than 2 weeks. I am starting to really think this might be the fix I needed. Some days I've skipped the morning cleaning, if I'm not going anywhere or anything I figure there is no reason to clean my face. I am thinking I'll put up a pic Friday since that will be 2 weeks.

Potty training is still doing awesome here. She will ask for a diaper if she has to poop. If we are just running a few errands & won't be out over an hr she doesn't wear a diaper. She's got wiping down great too.

Well I think that covers the highlights of what's going on here for the most part.

No comments: