11 September 2008

Starting Pre-School

Ok so now for something more cheerful, Toad's 1st week of pre-school.

There had been an Open House last week so she knew about school & was really excited. We walked to school (since I don't drive & it's only a few blocks away) & she was just about jogging the whole way. The pic here is from when we were in front of the school & I asked her to stop so we could do a pic, she opted to run to the door. When I opened the door she ran in & said "Mrs. N, Mrs. B, I'm here!" After about 5 minutes I left. When it was time to pick her up Mrs N said no one cried or got hurt & in the 3 yr old room that's a big deal. She told me about her day & said she loved it.

Wednesday went just as well. When I was leaving she told me "Bye-bye Mama, I see you tomorrow!"

When it was time for pick-up I was about 20 minutes early & the kids weren't in the class, so I wasn't sure if they were on a walk or in the kids gym (her pre-school is in a YMCA) so I asked the cute guy at the desk where they were so I could make sure I wasn't along the path they would come back & he said to go sit in the pool observation area. I hung out over there & watched some lady getting pool PT which was pretty cool. Then when it was 5 to 11 I headed over to the waiting area & all the seats were taken so I sat on the floor cause I couldn't stand. When it was time to go in the class & get the kids I had to get up off the floor which is an interesting ordeal which involves me contorting a bit & rocking back & forth a few times & then tossing myself up. I can't use my arms or the elbows go out. Of course the cute guy from the desk was there when I did it, but he thought it was a pretty nifty technique. Amelia was a bit cranky it was the end of the day, but all in all she loves it.

No comments: