15 September 2008

It seemed like a good idea at the time

So I decided instead of walking down to pre-school, then back home, then back down to get Toad & finally back home that I would just take my laptop with me & stay downtown. I really forgot to factor in the fact that I have to walk 1 of the 2 speeds I can walk or walking is very painful & my odds of falling are higher, but my child doesn't like to walk either of those speeds. Add to that the weight of the laptop pulling on my neck & I guess I should be happy I didn't fall. I am in agony & sitting in the coffee shop I just to work in. I am now trying to decide if I would do better staying here & walking home carrying this thing or if I'd do better resting for a tiny bit, walking home with the laptop, then going back down to pick up Toad & walking back. On Wednesday I'll just bring a paperback with & read.

On a slighty brighter note I have a school girl crush on the cute guy at the Y. I know cause I wore mascara to take Toad to pre-school, lol. I think I'll take this second to say that I am a single mom, not sure if I've mentioned this before, but I may have. Toad's biological father is not in the picture at all other than to send a few $ most months & we only dated for a few months. I just don't have the energy to deal with a relationship right now, I'm just trying to get thru life one day at a time. But just because I don't want a relationship doesn't mean I can't feel cute & flirt with someone, so I am flirting with the cute guy at the Y, cause it's fun.

On a very cool note I got a wheelchair for free this weekend! We went to run a few errands this weekend & stopped by Roomie's Dad's house. (Ok, this may get confusing.) Over the summer Roomie's sister, dad, mom & step-father have a ton of yardsales & most things get stored at Roomie's dad'd house. The step-father works as a trucker & is known as the guy who "dumpster dives", most of the time it's just stuff set out at the curb along his route or things people will ask him if he wants before they would throw out rather than climbing in dumpsters. So anyhow we stopped by & in the garage with the leftover yardsale stuff was a wheelchair, so I announced I was taking it. It's the first chair on this page. It's not new nor is it s perfect fit, but it's darn close & it's free. The armrests come off which I have to have or I can't comfortably reach the wheels to push myself, the legrests come off too which is nice since I often leg propel myself.

Oh & because I haven't change the topic enough times let's do it once more! I am switching meds from Neurontin to Pamelor & it's been interesting so far. I was on 600mg in the am & afternoon & 900mg in the evening for the Neurontin. I am now at 600mg 3x per day. As for the Pamelor I am at the 10mg 1x per day at night. I am finding I remember my dreams more, feel a bit less drowsy in the day, those are the good effects. The bad ones are I've become a total flamiong bitch (which I do hope will mellow back to normal bitchy) & the leg itchies have come back in force. I have scabs all over my legs from itching, ugh. It's like RLS except instead of needing to move I get itchy. So hopefully as I ramp up on the Pamelor it will go away again. I do like feeling more alert & dreaming again, but not if it means I have to be an obnoxious bitch who keeps itching her legs til they bleed. (btw: Neurontin=gabapentin & Pamelor=nortriptyline)

No comments: