22 September 2008

The Sahara Lives in my Mouth

So the doc said I might have a bit of dry mouth with the Pamelor, but wow this is insane. It's as though I have a bunch of those suckers the dentist puts in your mouth in there it's so dry. I am moving it from a pm med to an am med since it really doesn't make me tired in the least. I'm not sure if it's making me hyper or if it's the lower amt of Neurontin that is doing it. Either way I am enjoying being awake, not groggy.

The bad news is that I don't think it's going to work well for the neuropathy cause that is coming back. I am so itchy, which I used to be before Neurontin, & the pins & needles are coming back too. The itchy is only on my lower legs & arms, plus the top of my chest, which is where it was before so I know it's not an allergic reaction. It might just be that the Pamelor just hasn't built up in my system. Oh & the eating is just ridiculous. I might gain 40lbs in the next week from how I am eating & you just can't help it. So far there is no effect on the headaches either, but it's only been 12 days & only 10mg.

So I'm stilling giving it a go, but I'm not sure how well it's working or going to work.

On a happy note Toad started using the potty! (If you don't have a child you may not get how wonderful this is, but imagine you had to handle items soaked in urine & feces 6-18x per day for 3 years & then you'll know why this is such joy.)

No comments: