28 September 2008

Pins & Needles Hand

So needless to say with my shoulder & elbow having been out my hand is all pins & needles. I just feel like whining, but I'll spare you all. The elbow is back where it belongs & the shoulder is just about right, but just a hair off or I pissed off something in there & that's what's hurting, either way it still hurts.

On to other topics, I am off the Pamelor, couldn't take the side effects anymore. The biggest issue one being my heart going flutter-flutter-BOOM, that feeling wigged me out a bit. The neuro wasn't in the office when I called to say I was going to stop taking it. When her asst called me back she said the neuro didn't have my chart to consult, but if I wanted to try Topamax she'd call it in for me, unless I had kidney stones, which she thought I might. I have had at least a dozen that have passed & have at least 1 in my left kidney right now, so I passed on taking that. So I'll stay on my Neurontin for now. I have been reducing the dose a bit even though I I feel my neuropathy more. I am sick of feeling so tired & the neuropathy I have isn't going to kill me. I need a break from the drug right now & I'm not going to stop taking it, but a reduced dose for a few weeks should be ok.

I go see my GP next week & talk over who/where he'll want to refer me out to & what I want to be referred out to. This is also the appt where I decide if he is a doc I will be keeping. He did blow off a lot of issues I was having thinking they would just go away or something & I was thinking of firing him, but he had been getting a bit better & does seem eager to learn. A doc who can admit he might not know everything under the sun & is willing to not only take literature I bring in, but actually read it is a rare doc. So we'll see how this appt goes, see how much of the EDS data I brought at the last appt he read & if he & I are on the same page.

Oh & on a wonderful note the potty training is going wonderfully!

No comments: