11 September 2008

Important Request

If anyone knows what a normal damn body is supposed to feel like could they please let me know? Thanks.


So yesterday I went the neuro to talk about the other not migraine headaches I get. I get a lot of types of headaches. For migraines I get aura-then-migraine migraines plus I also get just-the-aura-then-a-slight-pressure migraines (those don't hurt). For my not migraines I get the daily never goes away at the base of my skull headache that always hurts just the levels vary. Sometimes (3-12x times a month) I get a worse headache at the back/base of my head. It lasts for 2-3 days each time (every now & again it will last for a 5 or so days). It comes often when the weather changes or if I've slept poorly or if the universe has just decided I look cute when I'm in agony. These headaches are ones I can sort of function with. I have lived with daily pain for my whole life so I am very good as pushing on when in pain. I usually wear tinted glasses, keep my fluids up & can run an errand or stuff like that, but I am very slow while I do it & have to lay on the floor a lot. Seems my neuro thinks these are migraines as well. Her thought is if it hurts like a bitch, makes your tummy feel like hell & like is a bit like a dagger thru your brain that you have a migraine. I thought if it didn't feel like my other migraines that it wasn't a migraine, guess that's not true. So now I have a dx of 3 types of migraine, lovely.

So just for the record let's look at what I've been dx'ed with this year alone that I thought were normal medical stuff I thought the whole world had to deal with but turns out a freaky things most of the world will never deal with, shall we? Good, here's the list:
2 new types of Migraine
EDS
PFPS-Really was EDS
Arthralgia-Due to EDS
Neuropathy
Not to mention the falls I've had to be treated for

Plus before this past year I have a few things wrong as well. Let's take a look at that list now.
Poland's Syndrome
Asthma
Migraine w/Aura
OA of both hands
OA of both knees
Kidney Stones
Scolosis
Chronic Severe Constipation
MVP w/Murmur
Irregular Heartbeat

So yeah if anyone knows what a normal body feels like please do let me know so I can figure out if I have 80 other things wrong that I thought were totally normal. Ugh.

Ok, so I feel a touch better now that I got all that bitching done, lol. Anyhow since I guess it turns out I am still getting migraines at least once a week my migraines aren't under control. My neuro wants to switch me from the Neurontin to Nortriptyline. So this week I was already trying to wean down to 600mg 3x per day on the Neurontin since I wanted to see if I could reduce the side effects, but not have the symptoms return. So now that it was 3 days already at the 600 3xs I have added in the Nortriptyline last night at 10mg. I will do 10mg at night for a week then I will take 20mg at night for a week, then 30mg at night from then on. I am to try to wean down the neurontin slowly & see if I can get off it without symptoms returning, if I can't that's ok. 300mg 3x per day would be ok & 600 3x per day would be acceptable. She also wrote me an rx for Vicodin & I got the drug lecture. I told her than if I take 1/2 a Vicodin with a low dose muscle relaxer I can sleep & usually wake with a much less painful headache if not returned to my normal low level pain. So if she could write for that she could give me less of the Vicodin. She did give me the muscle relaxer & the Vicodin as well. It's just a few of each, but when I can't sleep at night from the pain it's nice to know I have something I can do other than cry. When I get sent over to PT she wants them to do some work with my neck. I do wonder if there isn't a structural issue due to the ribcage issues & the missing muscles. I wonder if I am using shoulder muscles for things they “shouldn’t” be used for & there for pissing off my neck muscles. Oh & just for fun I have a history of mild mania & am on a tricyclic antidepressant (Nortriptyline), so life could get very interesting.

I’ll be posting about Toad’s school & how it went this week later today.

1 comment:

One Sick Mother said...

QS,

Well, I have no clue what normal feels like. However, -and I meant to mention this to you before - Those headaches sound to me like they could be from an Arnold-Chiari Malformation (type I).

There is a recognized and documented link between EDS and ACM-1. The hallmark Chiari symptom is the 'chiari headache', which starts at the base of the skull and radiates behind the eyes (sound familiar?). There are others of course.

ACM is generally diagnosed by a brain/neck MRI.

Don't want to DX you with something new, but I think you should research it and see if you have any "Aha!" moments...

OSM.