10 December 2008

Frustrating

I have a lot of thoughts & emotions relating to being dx'ed with EDS, as I'm sure you all can guess, but I lack a person who I can talk to face to face about this. My roommate had to listen to all the crap & drama leading up to it & she's sick of it (can't blame her), my mother has freaky amounts of guilt & can't accept that I'm as disabled as I am so we can't talk about it. Which leaves me no one, well I guess I could pay a shrink, but what I want is a friend who has emotion vested in me to be able to talk with me, someone who knows me & cares about me to talk with.

2 comments:

One Sick Mother said...

QS,

It is important to talk about this stuff and to find someone who kinda understands.

Can you find a support group for chronic illnesses nearby? You may not find an EDS group, by a local hospital or community center may have a group for people living with chronic conditions.

Another idea is online support like the EDNF, but real life is definitely better.

Queen Slug said...

We actually have nothing like that here. We have a cancer group & an elderly group, but I wouldn't feel appropriate at either. I have been spending sometime working on creating a group here & fingers crossed it will be good to go by spring. I am also going to start going to the arthritis water class at the gym. I have talked with the teacher about how I won't be doing most of the class since it's stretching. I'll do the parts I can & sub in PT stuff for the parts I can't. She's cool with it & I've talked to a few of the ladies in the class (who are all 20-30 years older than me) & they are glad I'll be coming.

I am an EDNF member & a CEDA member, but the live person aspect is what I am craving, a live person who you can sit at a table with.

Wow, that was a very long winded answer, lol.