14 November 2008

Potty Training & Discipline

No this isn't a post about those happening together, those are 2 different topics.

Potty Training is doing awesome, she'll even go by herself sometimes during the day as long as she knows I'm waiting at the bottom of the steps. She won't go by herself in the evening, but I think that's partly because she can't reach the light switch. I am going to get one of those dealie-bobs that makes it so she can. Other than nap & overnight she doesn't wear a diaper at all. she still won't poo in the potty & as much I can't wait for that day I won't rush her yet.

As for discipline I think as a parent we have an idea of how we want to discipline, but you won't know for sure til you know the temperament of your child. Right now we are tying the star system. I've got a dry erase board & when she does good stuff she gets a star when she does naughty stuff she looses one. If she makes her goal for the day she gets a treat at the end of the day. She also has one chore on there too that she needs to do (no stars for doing it). It's easy stuff like picking up a room of all her toys. The rewards for getting her goal of stars are little things like watching some tv before bed or painting or stuff like that.

No comments: