25 November 2008

Crutches

So getting crutches has turned in to a saga. The supply place said they couldn't get lightweight crutches, I called around to a few places couldn't get anywhere as they are the only DME place in town that does crutches. Called my PT to see what ideas she had, she gave me a place to call, but they don't take any insurance (it's one of those you pay us & get reimbursed dealies), but that wouldn't work cause my insurance doesn't reimburse. So called her back again & she called the DME place in town & once she talked to them sudenly they can get in the crutches I need, but they said I had to pay whatever my insurance doesn't cover, I asked if they had any idea what that would be & they didn't know. Since my policy says I don't have a co-pay on DMEs I called my insurance to figure this out. Had like 3-4 calls & finally found out that have to have my doc submit the rx 1st, then they either approve or deny it, if they approve it then I go to the supply place & get it filled. They couldn't tell me if I'd have to pay anything or not til after it's approved. So on the 10th we decided I needed crutches, on the 18th we fitted me a pair, as of today (25th) it's yet to be submitted to the insurance. I am thinking it's going to be a while before we get anywhere on this & since I need light weight ones I think it's going to be denied & I'll have to appeal.

In the mean time I've called my dad to ask for a loan & have sold a bunch of my hair stuff to pay for a pair. I am going to get a pair from my insurance, but I can't go the next 6 to 8 to 12 weeks without them, it's just not an option. So that's the condensed version of the crutch saga thus far, I've left out how I ended up crying from being so frustrated & the headache I ended up with. Hopefully my next post on this saga will be that my insurance decided they'd love to cover them & I'll have them ASAP, but somehow I doubt that.

No comments: