14 November 2008

Sorry I've Been So Quiet

I've been a bit out of sorts. I've been feeling a bit blah.

Let's see medical update, hmm can't recall where I left off. I went to the podiatrist, they left me waiting in the waiting room for 45min cause they didn't check me in correctly. Then they forgot to cast my feet so I have to go back on the 1st of Dec for that.

I have called 2x to set up my echo, but the main # doesn't know where to direct the call so they send me to x-ray, they don't do them at x-ray so they transfer me to the nurse line, no one answers the nurse line & I leave a message & don't get called back. So that's not done yet either.

P/T is going okish, she doesn't have anymore exercise to suggest for me so I am to keep working out on my own & I am going to apply for a Y membership & see if they will give me a "scholarship" for most all of it. The PT is going to be measuring me & whatnot next week for cuff crutches & a knee brace for my crappy knee. We'll wait on getting a brace for the other knee til after I get my orthotics to see if I still need one for that knee & to see if the one I get does work well.

Migraines are trying to destroy my soul. In the last 30 days I've had 4 separate migraines with one of them lasting 2 days. I am going to go see the neuro after the new year. I think there has got to be something else I can take, preferably with the neurontin since it does work so well on the other 2 types of migraines & on the neuropathy & as a nice tiny bit of mood stabilizer. Once I get to 600mg 3x per day I get my neuropathy flaring way up.

I think my OT sucks. He wants to make custom splints for my fingers. I'd rather he try Oval8s, he has size 4 as the smallest so they won't work for all my fingers. I don't get why he can't order smaller ones, I know they make kid ones. The custom splint he made for my middle finger on my right had doesn't really straighten my finger, but it does manage to hurt areas that it presses on that shouldn't be getting pressed one. I think I'm better off going to Mayo after the new year & seeing what they can do for my fingers, I'm not crazy gumby in my hands, but I need some help with them. I think the OT guy is just used to working with elderly arthritis people & I am way the hell out of his depth.

No comments: